Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chillaxin'

Bouquet Brooch circa 1937
 by Van Cleef & Arpels
Today, once my shift at the plantation was over, I found myself sitting inside the AT&T Device Support Center on 42nd street over an hour as Lauren assisted me.  After tinkering with my smart phone (it's not so smart after all), she announced that I was going to need a replacement.  This is my fourth replacement since I switched over to smart phone use in December.   Although it has been at no additional cost to me, I am still way over the inconvenience.  Afterwards, I rushed to the garment district where I proceeded to spend my paycheck on fabric for the collection.  Just caressing the yardage of silk shantung soothed me after my phone ordeal.

This week has been so jam-packed with fashion and its realities, I am really looking forward to just taking it easy this holiday.  But that doesn't mean boring!  I have plans to finally check out the Van Cleef & Arpels exhibit at the Cooper-Hewitt Museum before it closes on Independence Day.  And I am going to catch at least one blockbuster movie at my local multiplex - hopefully something in 3-D.  YAY!  Although I have not been invited to any barbecues, I'm looking to crash one or two.  So if you hear of any, just holla.

Whatever your plans - make it safe and fun!  Happy Fourth!

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment