Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tick Tock

Time flies by so quickly.  Tomorrow I will be attending my goddaughter's graduation from fifth grade.  My bestie and I are celebrating 30 years of friendship later this year.  And this July 29th marks my official thirteenth year as owner of Sorta Kinda Enterprises.

I remember when I walked to the courthouse in downtown Brooklyn on that hot summer day so many years ago and filed my sole proprietorship papers.  It was not a sense of accomplishment that I felt, but it was just one of those things that one must do to classify your endeavor as a business.  Little did I know that it would be my first giant step in my evolution as a business owner and an independent fashion designer.

Some of you know it has not been an easy road and my net worth might even be less than what is was before I started on this fashion odyssey.  But it continues to be a trek that is free of second thoughts.  The simple truth is that I love what I do.  My fashion business has provided me with a sense of purpose.   From the moment I sketch a design to the time that it is made into an actual garment, I am giddy.  Ebullient.  Happy.  I don't know what I would do if I could not create fashion.  Lucky for me I don't have to entertain the thought.  Never mind Father Time as long as I have Lady Fashion to keep me company.

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment