Thursday, June 23, 2011

Papa's Got A Brand New Bag


Strong Enough For A Man, But Made For A Woman

I never really know where the wind is going to take me.  My business partners and I have revised our business plan on a number of occasions to reflect each new course we've taken.   As a small business owner, flexibility is essential.  My belief is when you're on a path that is not getting the results you want, it's time to change direction.   I've designed every kind of women's fashion you can imagine because I am looking for that place in the industry where I am most fulfilled both creatively and monetarily.

Last year when I launched my collection for plus size women, I decided to create my own handbags to accessorize my dresses.  I had no intention of ever selling the bags.  I was just trying to create a head-to-toe look that told the story of my imaginary muse who had traveled the world.  But I got such an overwhelming response from women asking about the bags that I've decided to pursue getting them into retail outlets.  They will, in all likelihood, sell for less than the dresses retailing at $95 to $250.  The styles have fun names like "Shop 'Til You Drop It Like It's Hot" and "Strong Enough For A Man, But Made For A Woman".  And I think they will appeal to women from age 18 to 80.  It's been gratifying sewing these bags myself.  I just hope that retailers far and wide will be taken with my fun, tongue-in-chic aesthetic.

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment