Tuesday, March 30, 2010

No Romance Without Finance

I've been journaling my odyssey for a little more than a year now. And I've divulged some pretty personal and intimate details about myself and my life. But now it's time to come clean. No more secrets. I have a romantic view of my life. Okay. There. I said it. I love a great romantic comedy like It Happened One Night or You've Got Mail or Notting Hill. And I guess I fancy myself a character from one of those movies where the music crescendos at the end and everything and everyone is beautiful & happy. But the truth is my life is a far cry from a romantic comedy. I am struggling with trying to find new ways to finance my dream besides robbing from Peter to pay Paul. And I am tired of dealing with fashion industry crazies who appear to be one way when I first meet them making lovely promises and then pulling back as I reach out to take them up on their offers. And I am just frustrated with working so diligently only to feel like I am running in place. Sure, you might say, "Cry me a river!" And it's the truth. My story is no different from anyone else's. It's called life. So I just try to bite my lip. . . without chewing it off. I've read stories about successful people who have achieved the American dream like Bill Gates and Oprah Winfrey and they don't seem any smarter than me. But they sure have a lot more money than I do. Don't get me wrong, even in a romantic comedy, money isn't everything. But it would make my life a helluva lot easier. So I am calling on all of you to stage an intervention for me. I need to break my addiction to romantic comedies. I am still trying to take this journey one step at a time without basing each step on the the contrived fairytales that Meg & Julia & Claudette have starred in. And if I've learned anything over this last year, I've learned that there is no such thing as romance without finance.

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment