Friday, March 19, 2010

How Do I Look?

Each morning I try to read an inspirational passage from the Daily Word. My mother started reading them to my brother and me as kids and now before I brush my teeth, sometimes after, I will pick it up and take a moment for pause. It helps me to start my day on the right note. Today's passage was about beauty, it's passing quality, and staying connected to a higher power so that you do not base your worth on something that is bound to fade. And it's all quite paradoxical for those of us who find ourselves in the business of beauty. After all, advertising and media would have us believe that if we don't wear the right make up, dress the right way, or weigh a certain amount then we are all destined to be unhappy losers. But I try to put out a different message. Beauty really is an attribute that should emanate from within. And my dresses should be a way to express your inner beauty. I am not here to make anyone believe that if they slip into one of my dresses it will magically transform you from an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan - contrary to what those makeover shows teach you. Really, you've got to have confidence and be lovely on the inside to pull it all off. Because if you don't, it doesn't matter how stunning you are on the outside. You will soon be found out. And everyone will see you for what you really are - ugly to the bone.
Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment