Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Trying to Keep My Cool

Although the mercury lingers above the 90 degree mark with no relief in sight, I press forward with arrangements to get my spring 2012 collection finished.  I am completely psyched about this collection because it shows how much I've matured as a designer.  I have a better understanding, I believe, of what retailers want for the curvy fashionista.  Last year when I launched my line for plus size women, I think it may have been a little too fashion forward for retailers.  Needless to say, I am hoping for better results this coming spring.

I have also been very busy putting the finishing touches on my inaugural handbag line.  It is too soon to tell whether or not it is going to be a hit.  But advance buzz is positive.  As soon as we have established accounts with reputable stores, I promise to share the news of where they may be purchased.

Great News!  I have learned that I will be featured in the August 15 issue of JET magazine.  Chronicling all things newsworthy in the Black community, the weekly periodical debuted in 1951.  It is truly an honor to be included on the pages of such an auspicious, culturally relevant publication.  As the date gets nearer, I will be reminding all of you to hurry to your local newsstand to buy your copy.

Peace & Fashion!


No comments:

Post a Comment