Wednesday, July 20, 2011

In Short. . .


This evening my seamstress, Yvonne, and I met with curvy supermodel  Allie McGevna at Mood Fabrics.  The purpose: to take her measurements for the next batch of samples for the spring 2012 collection.  It was Allie's first visit to the mega fabric store made famous by Project Runway.  I, on the other hand, live in Mood.  As I greeted the owner and the employees, Yvonne remarked how familiar I am with the store's floor plan.  It really is high on my list of NYC go-to destinations for beautiful fabrics.

Taking measurements is always brief and the three of us were done in a snap.  Thank God.  This morning, I left the bag with my sample fabrics home in Southeast Queens and had to ride back home and then all the way back into Manhattan for my 6 p.m. meet-up with the ladies.  Between all the commuting and the oppressive heat, my energy was completely zapped.  But I can't complain.  Sometimes you've just gotta suffer for fashion.

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment