Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Big Girls Are Beautiful, Too!

Okay, so this Friday past I posted my personal views (How You Like Her Now?) about Jennifer Hudson's drastic weight loss.  Many of you who follow the blog on Facebook weighed in with very insightful observations and strong opinions.  Some of you agreed with me while others believe that secretly many women who are a size 14 or more would trade in their curves to live their lives as skinny J-Hud clones.

Amber Riley
Amber Riley
I cannot begin to fully comprehend all the pressures that women face on the daily to fit into our narrow ideas of beauty.  Once upon a time, only fair-skinned women were considered beautiful.  And then our tastes evolved and now we consider women of darker hues just as comely.  And a long time ago, back in the 16th century, a vanguard Flemish artist  created THE standard of feminine beauty when he painted portraits of women who were plump and attractive. His name was Peter Paul Rubens.  And the term rubenesque was born.

I love women who are small, medium, or large.  I love women of all ethnicities.  And I love women who are confident and have a healthy sense of humor. But right now I am most concerned about full-figured women who aren't always validated as beautiful, sexy, and intelligent beings.  So I've presented images of some of my favorite glamorous celebrities who really seem to embrace their curves.  Without remorse.

Peace & Fashion!
Queen Latifah
Queen Latifah
Queen Latifah
Recording Artist - Adele
Ashley Fink

Amber Riley



Peter Paul Rubens - The Three Graces

No comments:

Post a Comment