Monday, August 17, 2009

Just Fine

Last week we signed on our new sales professional. Marla Freeman, a lovely, mild mannered mother of two, will be taking the reins and dazzling store buyers with her quiet charisma. They won't know what hit them! And the dresses will be hanging on the racks of some of the poshest stores here in the U.S. At least that is what we are planning for. But you know adding a new addition to your family is a little daunting. I can honestly say that Serosh, Ashanti, and I are truly a family. We respect each other and have developed our own language over the last few years. But we welcome Marla with open arms and we are looking forward to merging her talents with the language of Sorta Kinda Enterprises.
I just saw the movie "Julie & Julia" starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. Amy Adams plays Julie Powell, a woman who writes a blog about cooking the recipes from Julia Child's (played by Meryl Streep) cookbook Mastering The Art of French Cooking over a 1 year period. As a result of her project, she finds purpose, lands a book deal, and gains confidence. The story really resonated for me. Before I started pursuing fashion, I often wondered if I would die before knowing my place in the universe. Some days I still ask myself if I am living my life to its fullest potential. And writing about my fashion odyssey certainly gives me a reference point. I sure would love it if hundreds of people read my blog and were touched by some of my stories. And I sure wouldn't mind if a book deal came my way. That would be cool. But right now, this blog does what it is supposed to. It gives me an outlet to express myself and learn from my triumphs as well as my disappointments. And that's just fine.
Peace & Fashion!

1 comment: