Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Fashion Saga Continues. . .

I've been crazy busy working with my tailors and seamstresses to fine tune the cocktail dress collection I will be launching in stores (God willing) for Spring 2010. So please forgive my absence. I have christened the line Wilbur. Simple, short, sweet, and totally me! And I am calling this collection Just Zip! Years ago when my sister Ashanti was a child and my father was still alive, she ordered him to "JUST ZIP" her jacket so she could go outside to play with her friends. And since my embellishment of choice for my fierce collection of frocks is zippers, the phrase just seemed perfect. Creatively, I am inspired by music. And I have a weakness for black women with big voices. During this process my ears were attuned to Ms. Whitney Houston, so each style is named after one of her recordings. So you might find yourself in the store asking to try on the "How Will I Know" or the "I'm Every Woman". Clever, right?! Last week I received my clothing labels that I had ordered online. Exciting. And tomorrow afternoon, I have another scheduled fitting with all my dressmakers, my fit model Valencia, aka The Goddess, and myself. Last week the fit was a little off, but my team has vowed to fix the problem and promises magic this week. I am not looking for any rabbit-in-the-hat tricks just my vision come to life. After all, this is only the beginning. My fashion saga continues. . .
Peace & Fashion!

2 comments: