Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Yuletide Blahs

Okay, so I was going to upload photos of some of New York City's most fabulous Christmas windows.  Festive, right?  Then I spotted The NY Times coverage of holiday windows.  I had been scooped!  So that idea bit the dust.  Then I wondered what I would put in this space.  I grappled with different ideas, but the truth of the matter is that for the past couple of days I've been plagued with the Yuletide Blahs.  With my pockets quite empty and my phone number on heavy rotation among bill collectors, the spirit of Christmas was passing me over and the Grinch's spirit was hovering like a dark cloud.  When I groaned to my zipper guy, Rory, the owner of  Archer Zippers, he revealed that he is going through a financially challenging moment, too.  "Wilbur, we're all going through it," he bellowed from behind his desk surrounded by heaps and mounds of #5 metal teeth zippers.  This revelation was only mildly comforting.  But then as I began to go through my daily grind, I started to adjust my perspective.  And it helped, too, that when I tweeted my beleaguered gift-buying status, I received an outpouring of empathy from followers and friends who have found themselves in similar situations.

So that gold bracelet I was eyeing for my honey and those diamond earrings I'd love to purchase for my mother are going to have to wait until my salad days are over.  As my pastor says, "This is only a temporary situation."  So I have bid adieu to my Yuletide Blahs and I am embracing the JOY of the season.  It's just not worth the stress.  Besides, 2012 is going to be a monetarily rewarding year.  I can just feel it!

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment