Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fear Of The Unknown

Tomorrow I meet with Victoria. She is my new seamstress. Oh, I will still be working with George. After the job he did, I would be a fool not to. But because I have more looks for Spring 2011, I need more manpower. Victoria was referred to me by another George who works at Mood Designer Fabrics. She hails from the Ukraine and after seeing some of her work, I think she is going to enrich the process. And she says she can sew a dress a day. Whoah! I won't be able to keep up with her! I've already discovered one fit model for my latest project. Her name is Alli McG. And she is GORGEOUS! I've only spoken to her over the phone, but she has a very professional and friendly tone. Today I picked up a pair of shoes that will be used for one group of looks for the collection. I had taken them to the shoe maker for adjustments. I really liked them before the adjustments, but now I LOVE them. It's like Mtv's Pimp My Ride, but for shoes. And they are sick! And I've already begun to compile a list from the google search I did on high end plus size boutiques from here to California. There are dozens of them! Who knew?! And I just met with my friend Ron Goldstein who was the brains behind my very first guerrilla show on the sidewalk outside of Bryant Park during NY Fashion Week when we used Sex and the City as inspiration. So everything is rolling right along. But I am a little nervous of what the future might hold. Although many people have applauded my decision to cater to the curvy woman, I am afraid of the new. I mean, that is to be expected. But I am also excited with the promise of possibilities that this new direction can have on my journey. So I am embracing the mixture of emotions that I am feeling right now. And I am so looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment