Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shop 'Til You Drop!

It's time to party! This Thursday, September 10, from 6 p.m. until 11 p.m., the entire city is playing host to it's own block party. And we're all invited! This includes Queens, too! (All my peeps from Queens throw your hands up!) Fashion's Night Out is a global initiative being implemented to revive the heartbeat of the now beleaguered retail beast. Several stores, uptown - downtown - and across town, will feature appearances by celebrities, designers, and models. There will also be music and cocktails. I am going to be scouting locations for the best mojito! Don't worry, I've got a designated driver and his initials are M.T.A. No DUI drama from the BlackFashionDude. A specially designed t-shirt will be sold for $30 at all participating stores with profits going to the National September 11 Memorial & Museum. Fashion with a purpose. What a novel idea! I think I may check out Michael Kors at Macy's Herald Square. Maybe I'll share a mojito with him. He's such a character on Project Runway. And we can exchange double entendres and witty banter. Hey, you never know! In my world, everyone is my friend. I'll be starting my trek on the upper east side and easing my way downtown. So if you see me on the street, just holla and join the parade! I'll be the one in full fashionista mode.
Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment