Monday, June 1, 2009

Casting A Fashionable Net

Let's face it. It's a new age. Now more than ever it's not about what you know, but who you know. And you better make some awesome connections if you want to get ahead. As my friend Chris reiterates often, "Make your net work for you." I think he heard it on a commercial some time ago, but whoever coined the phrase has definitely got it right. So how does a fashion designer with talent to spare (so modest!), but not a lot of cash make his "net work for him"? I am on every networking site possible including, but not limited to, Myspace, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Fast Pitch. I am out there engaged in conversation with any fashion and finance professional who will listen. I write a blog, for chrissakes! So why isn't my net working? I've heard this theory of 6 degrees of separation. And I think it is so true. I've even met Kevin Bacon! But seriously, I don't think the people in my net are talking me up. So I am asking all of you who still read this to pass the word on. Have you read the title lately?! I really am FABULOUS. I guarantee you that there is somebody that you know who knows somebody who may know somebody that wants to invest in a bright, witty black fashion designer from Queens who is humbled everyday by his odyssey. Just cast your net and see what happens.

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment