Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Make Up 2 Break Up


Tara Taylor sports a natural makeup look by Tara Taylor

This afternoon I lunched with Tara Taylor, a make up artist whose talent is beyond compare.  Even her name has a superstar ring to it, doesn't it?  I met Tara over a year ago after my business partners and I first launched the full-figured collection.  I first noticed her work in countless spreads for Plus Model Magazine -an online publication that addresses plus size fashion, beauty, arts, and modeling.  And I made it my mission to seek her out and beg her to work with me.  It turns out that Tara is as sweet as she is talented and I didn't need to do much begging after all.  Although I have several months before the photo shoot for the Fall 2012 collection, I wanted to make sure that I got on the calendar of this very in-demand talent before she was booked.  So today over Cobb salad and devil's food cheesecake, courtesy of Junior's restaurant, I shared my vision for the upcoming collection "Eye Candy".  She seemed to be taken with my ideas and immediately inserted the shoot on her phone's calendar.  I cannot wait.  But in the meantime, check out her work at www.tarataylor.net.  If you're a woman who wants to put her best face forward, you want to take advantage of her talent before she becomes the next Kevyn Aucoin!

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment