Thursday, November 3, 2011

What's Hapenning?!

So it's been awhile.  I've been busy.  And now I am trying to play catch up.

Gabourey Sidibe at the
premiere of
TOWER HEIST
I've been trying to dress Oscar nominee, Gabourey Sidibe, since she first stepped in the limelight for her portrayal of the title character in the film Precious. Two Thursdays ago, in the afternoon, I got a voice message from her Los Angeles based stylist.  She requested a dress for Gabourey's red carpet appearance for the premiere of her latest movie Tower Heist.  The only problem was that she needed the dress for the following Monday.  That only gave me 3 full days!  Unfortunately, I had nothing in my arsenal of fabulous dresses that was suitable for the curvy star.  DARN!  I was disappointed about missing out on this big break, but only very briefly.  Because now I know I am, at least, on her glam squad's radar.  Another opportunity will most certainly present itself - I'm sure of it!  I think she could use a little SK WiLBUR in her life, don't you?


This Monday past, on my birthday, my business partners and I launched the online POP-Up Shop at http://www.skwilbur.com/.  You are now able to purchase some of your favorite looks from the runway and they will be delivered to you in time for your spring fling.  As an added bonus, we are extending a 10% courtesy off each shopper's entire order.  AND you can buy some of your favorite handbags from the runway, too!  Sounds like a curvy girl's dream to me.  I'm just sayin'!

In the meantime, I've been clawing and scratching to build retail distribution online through established retailers like Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom.  That's never a picnic, but I am up for the challenge.  In addition, I am busy working on the next collection for Fall 2012.  I've already completed the sketches and now it's time to turn the sketches into actual garments.  Whewww!  My journey continues. . .  And that's what's happening with me.

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment