Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Fashion Genius

On this past Tuesday afternoon I eased up Fifth Avenue to see the exciting new exhibit at The Metropolitan Museum of Art called Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty.  If you love fashion, the way I do, this retrospective is a must-see event.

Following the sudden suicide death of the fashion wunderkind last year, the designer's friends, as well as the entire fashion world, mourned his loss.  His talent was truly beyond measure.  Alexander McQueen's artistry and technique is woven throughout the exhibit evident in each of the ensembles on display.

While I was making my way through the maze-like corridors, I bumped into an industry friend who is a personal shopper at the Bloomingdale's flagship on 59th street.  We both agreed that Alexander McQueen had a boundless imagination.  But he also had access to a seemingly unlimited cash resource to indulge his magnificent imagination.  I couldn't help but feel pangs of envy as I thought about the arduous task that lies ahead as I prepare to frantically search high and low for financing to produce samples for my Spring 2012 collection, "Out Of The Dark".  But I also felt extreme gratitude for the gifts that Alexander McQueen left us.  His work inspires me to be a more creative designer.

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment