Thursday, May 26, 2011

The End of an Era

This week Oprah Winfrey aired the final episode of her wildly successful talk show.  For me (and many others), she was an integral part of my growth as an individual.  Watching her show inspired me to dream of a bigger life for myself.  I reasoned that if someone from her background could achieve her kind of success, then certainly, by following my heart, I could too.  My expectation has never been to become a billionaire, but to be enriched by living a life free from regret.   In fact, I believe her net worth was a by-product of just living her life authentically.

One of the measurements I had for my success as a fashion designer was to be a guest on the Oprah Winfrey Show.  Alas, that is not going to happen now.  Yet, I feel like my fashion success is inevitable.  I have no regrets.  And I am just going to have to find some other standards to measure my victories.  I am sure Oprah will.

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment