Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oprah & Me

Today it was announced that Oprah will end her daytime chatfest, The Oprah Winfrey Show, in September 2011. She is someone who has inspired me to pursue my dreams as a fashion designer. An anomaly when her show first aired nationally in 1986, she is an example that success is attainable despite one's humble beginnings. Part of my dream has always been, since I started my company 11 years ago, to meet her and be a guest on her show. So it doesn't give me much more time to get to Chicago to sit on that sofa. I've tried sending letters. Family members have tried sending letters. But something drastic yet fashionably fantastic, almost earth shattering, needs to happen between now and then. But if I've learned anything from watching the Queen of Talk, it's that if I do not make it to her sofa there is something better and bigger coming my way. But it sure would be nice to have a conversation with her broadcast over the airwaves.
Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment