Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hey, Mr. Mercury!

Elizabeth Taylor in costume as Maggie the Cat
It's been hotter than hell!  So during the week, holiday included, I sought refuge inside where I could luxuriate in an air conditioned space.  For the most part, I stayed home venturing out only when absolutely necessary, i.e. putting my time in at the plantation and grocery shopping.  See, my life really isn't all runway shows and ducking from the paparazzi.  So it left my mind plenty of time to go creative crazy!  And as a result, my ideas for the next collection have come fully into focus.  The name of the Spring 2013 collection is CLANDESTINY.

While I remain steadfast in my mission to create sophisticated, tailored pieces for the curvy woman, this time my muse is sexier.   She smolders.  My mind zeroed in on the timeless beauty of Elizabeth Taylor, specifically in her role as Maggie the Cat in the movie "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof".  Ms. Taylor looked oh-so-sublime in the scene with Paul Newman in which she is wearing a second-skinned slip.  Talk about tailoring!

The basic story arc for this collection has to do with a high-powered businesswoman taking a lunch break from the boardroom to meet her built-like-a-Greek-god lover at a nearby hotel for a passionate turn between the sheets.  Hey, divas need love, too!  Just to reiterate, I design fashion pieces that allow a woman to seamlessly transition from 9 to 5 to cocktails after work and beyond.  This scenario would be one of those beyond moments.  Stay tuned as the collection and all its elements come together.

In other news, I'd like to thank you for helping my team and I reach our goal of garnering 250 Votes in Chase bank's Mission: Small Business initiative.  We have moved forward to the next level.  I am not sure what the next step is, but you can be assured that I will keep you in the loop.

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment