Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm Ready!

Yesterday I signed the confidentiality agreement for the reality show that I will be competing on.  That means I cannot talk or write about it.  But I will confess that I am a little nervous about it.  And I think that is healthy and to be expected.  I have decided to focus more on doing well and enjoying the experience instead of winning.  After seven years of auditioning for different reality shows, I am finally getting my big break.  So I already consider myself a winner.  But being crowned king of the competition would be nice, too.

The JET magazine article has brought me a lot of attention from my darker hued sisters around the country.  The number of people who "like" my company facebook page has increased by 125 in the last week.  I have received tons of accolades from several women who have thanked me for "caring about them."  Those comments made me smile, but brought tears to my eyes because they really validated my journey.  We have also received a dozen or more emails asking about the availability of the line and how to buy the dresses.  I've had to explain that retail has not caught up to me yet, but I believe that I can use this demand as leverage with store buyers.  Let the negotiations begin!

In the meantime, I am still running around pulling together all the elements for the runway show on September 13.  I am tired, but there is much work to do.  The moment I've been praying for for the last 13 years is finally here.  And I am so ready.

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment