Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Whirlwind

I have been so busy, I can barely keep up with myself.  Last week, I shot a new reality show that will be airing soon on Lifetime.  Afterwards, I hit the ground running as I coordinated three fittings in as many days.  On Sunday, as the rain was pouring down monsoon-style, I was making my way to Jersey City, NJ to have one of my tailors, Mr. B, work his magic on two of my models.  What is normally a one hour and twenty-five minute trip from my home in Queens took me nearly four hours.  I was begging for Noah and his ark!  That trek wasn't much fun.  But in the name of fashion, I will cross rivers and climb mountains.  Now that is dedication!

I am still receiving notes from women all over the country who have seen the JET article who want to thank me, encourage me, and praise me.  I grin each time I read one of those comments.  My strength is renewed and I feel energized to work harder as I make moves to get my aesthetic out there for curvy women to purchase.  I choose to focus on that instead of worrying about where the money to finish paying for all my samples for the collection is going to come from.  I am connected to the universe which is providing for me.  Besides, all evidence points to this moment that I've been working towards for the last 13 years.

In the meantime, Ashanti and I have been contacting media to see if they will attend my runway show on September 13.  I am going to continue to do everything in my power to extend my whirlwind moment.  In the eye of this storm is where I feel I belong and I am lovin' it!


Peace & Fashion!

1 comment:

  1. wow, I just found out about you and am so excited for you! I absolutely LOOOVE your Superwoman collection and I pray that you start selling your pieces online for those of us outside of NY who appreciate and long for your bold designs!

    ReplyDelete