Monday, April 25, 2011

My Secret

I've got a confession to make.  Please don't hold this against me.  Although I swore off ever auditioning for another fashion reality series, I am going back on my word.  Okay, there.  I said it.  One of my models/fashion friends emailed me the info a couple of weeks ago.  And this time, judging by the application and description, it doesn't sound like I need to be a tailor par excellence.  When I explained that to my boyfriend, he just laughed asking, "Well, how are they going to judge you?"  All I could do was grin sheepishly.  Let me say this.  I am not looking for stardom.  Well, maybe just a little bit.  But the grand prize winner gets their line in stores and that is the kind of help that I can use.  So tomorrow afternoon I'll be waiting in line with other hopefuls, my arms full with photos and samples and a video DVD.  I'll flash my winning smile and suck in my stomach when I meet the judges and hope for the best.  After all, nothing beats a failure but a try.  And this time I won't feel all sad and dejected if they never call me.  I've been down this road too many times to warrant that kind of reaction.  But I am going to prepare the best acceptance speech ever.  "I'd like to thank my mom and my agent. . ."  Oh, I forgot, this isn't the Oscars.

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment