Thursday, October 4, 2012

Doin' It!

I just didn't have the financial resources to go full out for NY Fashion Week last month.  You know the saying, "Go Big or Go Home!"  But there is always next season.  In fact, I've already got a few plans in the works.  But it's too early to speak on.  As soon as they start taking shape, I promise to share the exciting news with you.

Last week, I was one of seven or eight fashion designers who lent their names and their designs to a charity benefit for an organization called The Color of Teal which helps in the fight against ovarian cancer.  There was a day long expo followed by a fashion show that featured yours truly.  It is always important, I feel, to give back.  This disease has personally touched my life because a few years ago, my neighbor, who used to babysit me, succumbed to this awful disease.  I was honored to be asked to participate.  It also gave me a spotlight to debut one of my pieces for spring 2013.  My collection entitled CLANDESTINED is a soupcon of color, print, and texture. 

A Sneak Peek of SK WiLBUR Spring 2013 - CLANDESTINED
Also on my plate, I am sketching Fall 2013, sourcing fabrics, and coming up with the narrative for the collection.  There is no rest for the weary.  But I fully embrace my schedule and I know that I am very fortunate to be in a position to pursue my dreams.

P.S.  Don't forget to tell all your curvy friends that skwilbur.com is live and they should shop, Shop, SHOP!

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment