Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Riding The Wave

So it's been a month since my line of dresses for the curvy fashionista made its debut.  And what a validating experience it was.  So many supporters and friends came out to catch a glimpse.  But in the days that followed it was a bit of a comedown.  After working so diligently on the project for 4 months almost non-stop and surviving mostly on adrenaline, creativity, and expectations, I was like a junkie fiending for its next fix.  But I had to slow my roll and adjust my inner machine.  Moving on to the next phase was no longer about creating, but taking the dresses and seeing if my investment was going to finally pay off.  Sure, I was interviewed for a couple of online publications.  And even on Life Size Radio.  Check out Bell-Noir.com and Daily Venus Diva to see what's been said about me. But mostly I need to see if I will finally realize one of my dreams having my dresses hang on racks in fabulous stores.  A verdict has not yet been reached.  But Ashanti and I are making inroads, it seems.  A couple of major department stores are giving us the opportunity to meet them face-to-face.  I don't want to speak out of turn, but I promise that as soon as I know something, you will too.  For now, I am just riding the wave to see where this road leads.

Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment