Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Work It!

This past Saturday, yours truly was front and center as the inaugural Queens Fashion Week came to an end. It was a long day as Ashanti and I had to select & fit additional models to wear our pieces. Luckily, all the ladies were quite lovely which made for a very pleasant day. And there really was a sense of community backstage from the hair stylists to the make up artists to the dressers, volunteers, and other designers who were showing. No need for behind the scenes drama - it was all about love and purpose. When my hat man, OH, arrived with the last chapeau it was almost time for the show to begin. And his hats really were like the cherry on top of a delicious ice cream sundae. I cannot express how pleased I was to be a part of the event. It had been more than 5 years since I had shown a collection on the runway. And I say, "It's about time!" We were even able to make a few business connections which could potentially add up to more for the company's future. So you know it's all good. But there is no rest for the weary as I continue to plan the shoot for March 6 and make sure that the dresses are completed in time. After all, it all happens in less than two weeks. So excuse me while I work it!
Peace & Fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment